Sunday, February 26, 2012

Tutorial: Making a Drawing using GIMP for Beginners

Assalamualaikum :D

Phew! I'm finally done with this tutorial. This is my first time making a computer-related tutorial and I have to say, I am really not good at it. I have tried to include every basic thing that you should get from this tutorial and I'm truly sorry if it looks too cluttered :( 

Anyway, this tutorial is made with help from my Bamboo Wacom Pen Tablet. For those who might not have a graphic tablet, I still believe that this tutorial might work somehow. It would probably take a little more effort, time & patience though. I wish I can make a tutorial of making a drawing on GIMP that would be easier for mouse-users, but I'm afraid this is all I have now. There are other options for mouse-users if you're still interested in making drawings or doodles. You can make use of shapes on Microsoft Excel or Paint. Most people use these softwares and they make gorgeous drawings :)

Ouh yes, GIMP is a software almost like Adobe Photoshop, but it's free and easy to use :) I don't remember where I downloaded it, but you can just type in "Download GIMP" on Google. I'm sure you'll find the link :)

So here we go, a step-by-step (noob guide) on how to make a drawing using GIMP for beginners :) Don't hesitate to ask me if you need any help :)




















Yeay! We're done! I hope this helps! :)