Friday, February 10, 2012

Birmingham [UK]

Assalamualaikum! :)

Tonight I have forced myself to upload more pictures from my UK trip last December :D It has been more than a month since I updated about my trip and it seems like the photos have been making cobwebs in my external hard disk! Time to brush them off! 

Birm has this unique vibe to it. I don't know but I kinda love it :) I can't remember the name of the particular area in Birm that we visited, but I have to tell you, I am not kidding about the existance of a huge row of Islamic shops and restaurants right there in Birm! Yes, it's true. I didn't believe that there would be so many Muslims in some parts of UK till I saw them with my own two eyes :D

The Muslim people there were mostly originally from Africa, and as far as I know, a big number of them are from Somalia. During praying time, we visited a mosque in that area. There were so many ladies in there all wearing black abayas. To my surprise, a few came up to us and greeted us. They warmly called us "sisters" and chatted with us as if they have known us for quite some time. I was personally initially quite conscious about the whole idea of making an introduction, but after talking to them, I swear, they are among the loveliest human beings I have ever met and I wished I could have made more conversations with them :)

As the area that we went to had most of the Islamic products and stuff, I got myself a couple of Islamic books and I bought so many packets of HALAL gummy bears as well! After not seeing so many Muslim people for a long time, that visit really made my day :') The fact that Birm has a Muslim town makes me want to go there again. InsyaAllah someday soon! :D


The tagline tells it all :D


One ice-cream shop in Birm. Look at the menu charts! They're lovely!


I loveeee seeing colourful things O____O


Nadi successfully took a picture of me in front of a "Free Gaza" Graffiti. Thanks dear! :D


I am tempted to put this picture up :D


Running with a double chin. Hohoho!

P/s: Next update, London! :)