Monday, January 02, 2012

Year for Thought :)

Assalamualaikum w.b.t :)


A photo on the 31st of December 2011 :)
Credits to Nabihah for letting me mess up with her Photobooth ;)

2011 was a meaningful year; and I'm not saying it out of norm. At the beginning, I pictured 2011 as just a continuation of a bumpy ride I brought on from the end of 2010. However, little did I realise at that time that 2011 was about to become the key for me to understand life, to depths that I would never expect I could ever reach.

I can never afford to forget a period of time when I was hit by a wave of gloominess that I thought would never go away. As I have always loved writing, I would sometimes sit hours and hours in front of my laptop to channel my sadness into my blog in the most inconspicuous ways possible; and during days when I felt better, I'd try to come out with words that would motivate myself for the mean time. But I knew that I was still lost somehow.

I tried to ask Allah to help me through and I had my family and friends to support me. I also knew I had to start to learn to teach myself to bear my own problems as well. With lots of effort and help, I began to get back on track again. 

I am thankful that in the midst of everything that happened, Allah still gave me the strength to still remember not to let everything crush into pieces. Alhamdulillah, with His will, I am now here with my friends taking one step further to fulfilling my lifelong dreams. 

And being here, I can feel that what I'm getting isn't just what I thought I would get. I basically aimed to be here to study medicine at a prestigious place, go travelling and experience living in a society of people from a totally different background. But being here also makes me learn a lesson or two at least everyday.

For nearly the past two decades of my life, I have never truly thought deeply of the reasons/ hikmah behind things that happened. Even if I did, I would be afraid to believe in them. But I knew that I want to live life for the right reasons, I must get myself to understand. So I began to open my heart to learn. Now, slowly, whenever something unwanted happens, I would try to recall what I have done and give a good thought of why it happened. Maybe it's a lack of our ibadah to Allah or maybe it's how we treat our family and friends? It could be anything. 

Everyday has its meaning. The date on the calendar doesn't really matter, it's the amount of good efforts we are willing to put into the day. I hope that you and I will make our years to come better than before and always keep in mind that the years before are for us to learn from. InsyaAllah :)