Wednesday, October 26, 2011

21 Suggestions For Success


Assalamualaikum :) It has been a long and tiring day for me today. Class was from 9 a.m till 4 p.m. I then hanged out at the library during the afternoon & attended a suturing seminar with my friends from 7 p.m. till 8. p.m. Despite the exhaustion, I can't keep my hands from typing out this post. Humans need motivation & support at intervals to keep them going, well at least that's what I think :)

In the path of achieving success, we sometimes get lost in understanding the true meaning of success. To most of us, the term success is always only associated to studies & work. After reading the list up there, we can definitely see that success has a wide scope. In Islam, there's a concept which is popular among muslims known as "hablum minallah hablum minannas" (relationship with Allah & relationship human beings). In my point of view, after series of evaluations, it seems to me that taking good care of our relationship with others IS one of the major keys to success. I relate this finding of mine to the people around me who I look up to. Generally they're intelligent like many people out there, but there's something special about them. It's their relationship with others. They are kind, generous, humble and helpful. Just by looking at them makes me feel happy and content. In my eyes, they have taken success to a higher level. 

I truly realize that I'm far far away from being like those people who I adore, but I have this want within me to make a change. I wanna work for it even if I'll be the only one feeling it. I really want to make my life a life worth living. Often, the beginning of making a change is tough, but the outcome is undeniably worth it. Let's reach for success! :)