Friday, September 23, 2011

Ad-Dhuha :)

Assalamualaikum :)

I'm feeling rather angelic tonight, probably due to the fact that I just came back from an usrah just now O:) The usrah was all about understanding more about what the Quran beholds :) It has been one of my aims of going to usrahs like this actually. This seems so perfect for me :) My kakak usrah is very nice and I'm happy to be in her group. The best thing is, Nell's in my group too! :D

Just now we discussed about surah Ad-Dhuha. You should really check it out. Just by reading it, you can feel the tenderness in each of the verses. One of my group members already has that feeling of calmness whenever she reads it.

The surah was actually brought down after our prophet Rasulullah s.a.w. did not get any wahyu from Allah for 6 months (sorry for the mixture of languages & do correct me if the facts are wrong). He was really sad and he even thought that Allah is mad at him or does not approve of him anymore. The musyriks went even more skeptical and they assumed that Rasulullah was a liar and all. This of course makes Rasullah even sadder.

If you happen to read the tafsir of the surah, you can somehow understand and co-relate the story to the meaning of the surah. This is the direct definition of the surah:


Dengan nama Allah, Yang Maha Pemurah, lagi Maha Mengasihani.
[1] Demi waktu Duha.
[2] Dan malam apabila ia sunyi-sepi.
[3] (Bahawa) Tuhanmu (wahai Muhammad) tidak meninggalkanmu dan Dia tidak benci (kepadamu, sebagaimana yang dituduh oleh kaum musyrik).
[4] Dan sesungguhnya kesudahan keaadaanmu adalah lebih baik bagimu daripada permulaannya.
[5] Dan sesungguhnya Tuhanmu akan memberikanmu (kejayaan dan kebahagiaan di dunia dan di akhirat) sehingga engkau reda (berpuas hati).
[6] Bukankah Dia mendapati engkau yatim piatu, lalu Dia memberikan perlindungan?
[7] Dan didapatiNya engkau mencari-cari (jalan yang benar), lalu Dia memberikan hidayat petunjuk (dengan wahyu Al-Quran)?
[8] Dan didapatiNya engkau miskin, lalu Dia memberikan kekayaan?
[9] Oleh itu, adapun anak yatim maka janganlah engkau berlaku kasar terhadapnya.
[10] Adapun orang yang meminta (bantuan pimpinan) maka janganlah engkau tengking herdik.
[11] Adapun nikmat Tuhanmu, maka hendaklah engkau sebut-sebutkan (dan zahirkan) sebagai bersyukur kepadaNya.

From what I learnt from my usrah, this surah is divided into three sections. If I'm not mistaken, section 1 is [1-4], section 2 [5]-[8] & section 3 [9]-[11].

Section 1 is basically about Allah wanting Rasulullah s.a.w. (and us) to know that He has created night time & dhuha time for us to find peace and beribadat to him. Also, it is to remind Rasulullah (and us) that we should not be sad thinking about the bad things that the world offers. Dunia is our persinggahan & akhirat is our final destination. I personally love verse [4] because I often feel sad thinking about some treatments I receive from some others. So if we're in situations where we feel like we're being left out or being treated cruel, if can bersabar and not get angry and upset with it, insyaAllah we'll feel much calmer & Allah will grant us with pahala.

Section 2 is a reminder of Allah to Rasulullah s.a.w. that he's always being loved :) We can relate this to ourselves too :) To think of what we have, our lives are actually at ease. Allah gives us a family and even if some don't have any, Allah does provide protection. Or else, how would we be able to live till today? :) About verse [7], if we relate it to ourselves, isn't it true that Allah always sets a way for us to get out of difficult situations & get ilham? :) And yes, obviously at verse [8], I'm sure you know that Rasulullah s.a.w. came from a poor family, he was a shepard. Then he met Khadijah, a very wealthy woman. If we put our heart into this verse, we can realize that Allah is the giver of rezeki. Thus, to who else must we ask for but Him? :)

The last section of the verse is a reminder to all of us :) Realize that we have to treat people equally & we must also always be thankful of what we have.

I'm so glad to know about this surah. It means so much more to me than before :) Actually yesterday I was really upset with my lab partner because I think due to culture differences, it was very hard for her to communicate with me. But thinking about what this surah tells us, I must be patient and find the best solution possible :) InsyaAllah :)