Friday, August 12, 2011

Letter of Good Conduct Malaysia (Step by Step Guide)

Assalamualaikum :) 

Earlier this morning, I went to Putrajaya to apply for the Certificate of Good Conduct. The objective of having one is to provide physical prove that you're a citizen who follows the law and it enables foreign countries to accept you when you plan to further your studies or apply for a job at their country. This certificate is required by the university that I will enroll into this September. 

1. Filling up the Forms

Before you begin your journey to Wisma Putra for the application, I advise that you go to this website first and sign up (Link: http://www.kln.gov.my/web/guest/ekonsular). Scroll down a little and click on "First time login? Click here". From there, you'd be able to navigate yourself in order to complete the forms. After finishing each page of the forms, make sure you click on "Next", don't click on "Save" yet. Click on "Save" if there's no more next! :P Hehe. Then you'd be navigated to a page where you can print out the forms.

Yes, I'm pretty sure you'd notice, at the last page, you'd need to upload your passport photo. It's not really necessary if you have photos that you can just paste on the forms. Please make sure that you print at least two (2) copies of the forms. Each of your passport-sized photos must be secured at the right-handside of your form. 

If you're not able to complete these at home, there's nothing to worry about. Wisma Putra allocates two computers at the lobby for applicants to use in order to fill in the forms. You can print the forms there too.

2. Documents to bring
- two (2) printed letter of good conduct forms
- two (2) passport-sized photos
- two (2) photostated copies of your IC [it's okay if there's no signature or whatsoever on it]
- two (2) photostated copies of your passport book [front and back pages]

3. Declaration (Akuan)

As I completed and printed my form at Wisma Putra, it is obvious that I hadn't make the declaration yet. For those who wish to complete everything from home, make sure you go to the office of any commissioner of oaths nearby (pesuruhjaya sumpah). 

For those who's in my situation, you can make the declaration at the Palace of Justice (simply: Istana Badan Kehakiman). It's at Presint 3. 

Prepare RM8.00 for the payment at the 3rd Floor (Kaunter Hasil). After making the payment, go to the 2nd Floor (Kaunter Pesuruhjaya Sumpah) to make the declaration. Then you're done.

4. Going to Wisma Putra (Ministry of Foreign Affairs)

The Certificate of Good Conduct can be applied for at Wisma Putra Putrajaya. (Address: Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Malaysia Wisma Putra, No 1, Jalan Wisma Putra, Precint 2, 62602 PUTRAJAYA). Personally, the road to Wisma Putra's very confusing to me. Presint 2 is situated opposite of Presint 18. I'm not sure of what I can tell you to help you recognize that u'r at the right place, but when I went there, I saw a big white canopy at my left-handside. I followed the GPS directions on my phone to get there. You'd know that you're certainly heading to the right path if you seem to be going uphill (Wisma Putra's on a hill somewhere in that place) Hehe :P



*sorry i don't have the map* :P


5. Sending in your documents & Getting the Certificate


After completing everything, go to the counter at the lobby. The receptionist will check whether you have all the documents completed and she'd give you your number. 


Wait inside until your number turns up. When your number's up, you are required to hand in the documents. Once again, you'll have to wait for your number to be called. This time, it's for the payment AND collection. The payment's RM20.00. I did not have to wait long (I thought it would take one hour, just like when I applied for my passport) :P


So that's basically it! :) Good luck! :)

33 Comment(s):

NIMNAZ_bLue TuLiP said...

Thanks bella... sgt membantu... :)

_________________________
I have added cool emoticons to this message.
To see them go to http://x.exps.me?7b55845a2e7c1b8533c6abbc4d5016b0

NIMNAZ_bLue TuLiP said...

Thanks bella... sgt membantu... :)

_________________________
I have added cool emoticons to this message.
To see them go to http://x.exps.me?7b55845a2e7c1b8533c6abbc4d5016b0

_________________________
I have added cool emoticons to this message.
To see them go to http://x.exps.me?7b55845a2e7c1b8533c6abbc4d5016b0

Amierah Nabillah said...

hehe :) thank you dearieee :))) <3

rachel said...

hi :) do we need to certify the forms as well ? or just the IC and passport ?

Amierah Nabillah said...

rachel:
hi! :) sorry for the rather late reply. nopee :) You won't need to certify ur IC and your passport. Make sure you have two copies of everything with you :) What's important is that you make the declaration :)

Michele said...

Hi, thank you for putting up this step by step. =)
Did you actually get the certificate on the same day? When I called wisma putra, they say I need to wait for 1-2 months..=(

Michele

Amierah Nabillah said...

@Michele Hi michele! It's my pleasure ;) Ouh my, how is that so? I got mine on the same day. In fact, I got it around 10 minutes after I handed in all the documents they wanted. I doubt if the system changed or anything cause I did mine a few months back. This is weird :/ Try calling them up again? They might have misunderstood a few things :/

Ming said...

I understand liao why 1-2 months (maybe)
Take a look at this website at the bottom last two paragraphs. Commissioner of oaths thing.

http://malaysia.usembassy.gov/police_cert.html

Ming said...

I found some information by calling them 03 88874000

When you print:
Permohonan Sijil Kelakuan Baik Untuk Warganegara Malaysia

And select following countries:
Amerika Syarikat, Singapura, Sepanyol, Perancis and Papua New Guinea

The pesuruhjaya sumpah section on the form will not appear. You do not go commissioner of oath (pesuruhjaya sumpah).

These 5 countries are aware that swearing in front of commissioner of oath that you have no criminal records is a different word than actual verification from the police.

However, the turnaround time will be 1-2 months. Upon payment you will be issued a receipt. This receipt is not the sijil.

The scope of the inquiry is possibly limited to criminal records only. Not bankruptcy, guarantor status or speeding tickets etc. The exact content, filter and criteria I am not sure.

If you fail the screening as per advised by the police department, Sijil Kelakuan Baik will not be issued.

Some employers from the above countries above may opt to accept the payment receipt as proof of requesting the Sijil. Perhaps they could not wait 2 months after agreeing to the offer. However, these savvy employers may require further vetting like medical checkup. However, it's another story.

Amierah Nabillah said...

@Ming I see. Yes2, it might be different in certain circumstances. I have purely no idea about any information about this other than what I know. Thank you very much for the clarification Ming :)

Ming said...

I have just received certificate of good conduct from ministry of foreign affairs dated 12 January 2012 in self addressed envelope. Today is 19 January 2012. So, that's really about two months' processing time.

Anonymous said...

tak paham la nabilla. tolong buat satu slot dalam bahasa melayu cara-cara nak study overseas, iaitu detail surat2 apa yg prlu kita sediakan boleh? tq nabilla.

Amierah Nabillah said...

@Ming:

Ohhh, I see, it must be a whole different case then :) I'm glad u received it already! :D

Amierah Nabillah said...

@Anonymous:

Hello! :) Sorry sangat kalau terlambat :) Saya betul2 harap saya boleh tulis dalam BM tips2 yang awak minta, tapi saya rasa betul2 rasa awkward. TAPI, saya dah translatekan apa yang saya tulis kat atas ni. Sorry kalau skema sangat. Saya post kat comment je sebab saya segan sebenarnya nak tulis dalam BM & post as a new post. Saya tahu tulis BM macam dalam karangan je & saya tak biasa nak guna "korang" atau "uolls" dalam blogging, so saya guna "anda". Formal eh? Hehe :P

Untuk apply ke overseas, ada banyak caranya. Contoh, saya apply MARA, so caranya pun berbeza. Dokumen2 yang perlu disediakan pun berbeza, depends pada course apa & sponsor mana. Jadi tak perlu risau about tu :) Kalau awak lepasan SPM, apa yang saya boleh cadangkan is apply untuk MARA/ JPA pada website JPA, insyaAllah. Nanti mereka akan beritahu sama ada awak dapat atau tidak & the process bermula dari sana :)

Okay, bawah ni ada translation untuk post ni. Saya harap it's clear enough! :D

Amierah Nabillah said...

PERMOHONAN SIJIL KELAKUAN BAIK:


Salah satu objektif: Menyediakan bukti fizikal bahawa anda seorang warganegara yang mengikut undang-undang dan ia membolehkan negara-negara asing untuk menerima anda apabila anda merancang untuk melanjutkan pelajaran anda atau memohon pekerjaan di negara mereka.

1. Mengisi Borang

Sebelum pergi ke Wisma Putra untuk permohonan tu, saya nasihatkan anda untuk pergi ke laman web ni dulu & mendaftar (Link: http://www.kln.gov.my/web/guest/ekonsular). Scroll ke bawah sikit & klik pada "First time login, click here”. Lepas siap setiap muka surat borang, pastikan anda klik pada "Next", jangan klik pada "Save" dulu. Klik pada "Save" kalau dah confirm tak nak belek2 balik muka surat belakang.

Untuk borang ni, pastikan bahawa anda mencetak sekurang-kurangnya dua (2) salinan borang. Setiap gambar berukuran pasport anda mesti ditampalkan pada bahagian kanan atas borang tersebut.

Kalau anda tak sempat untuk melengkapkan ini di ruma,. Wisma Putra memperuntukkan dua komputer di lobi bagi pemohon untuk digunakan untuk mengisi borang. Anda boleh mencetak borang di sana juga.

2. Dokumen untuk dibawa:
- Dua (2) muka surat borang tingkah laku
- Dua (2) gambar berukuran pasport
- Dua (2) salinan IC anda [tak apa kalau tak ada apa-apa pengesahan atasnya]
- Dua (2) salinan buku pasport [muka surat depan dan belakang]

3. Perisytiharan (Akuan)

Bagi mereka yang ingin menyelesaikan segala-galanya dari rumah, pastikan anda pergi ke pejabat pesuruhjaya mana-mana sumpah berhampiran (pesuruhjaya sumpah).

Bagi mereka yang ada dalam situasi saya (saya tak pergi ke pesuruhjaya sumpah sebelum pergi ke Wisma Putra), anda boleh membuat pengisytiharan itu di Istana Keadilan (semata-mata: Istana Badan Kehakiman). Tempatnya di Presint 3.

Sediakan RM8.00 untuk bayaran di Tingkat 3 (Kaunter Keputusan). Selepas membuat pembayaran itu, pergi ke Tingkat 2 (Kaunter Pesuruhjaya Sumpah) untuk membuat perisytiharan. Kemudian anda selesai.

Amierah Nabillah said...

3. Perisytiharan (Akuan)

Bagi mereka yang ingin menyelesaikan segala-galanya dari rumah, pastikan anda pergi ke pejabat pesuruhjaya mana-mana sumpah berhampiran (pesuruhjaya sumpah).

Bagi mereka yang ada dalam situasi saya (saya tak pergi ke pesuruhjaya sumpah sebelum pergi ke Wisma Putra), anda boleh membuat pengisytiharan itu di Istana Keadilan (semata-mata: Istana Badan Kehakiman). Tempatnya di Presint 3.

Sediakan RM8.00 untuk bayaran di Tingkat 3 (Kaunter Keputusan). Selepas membuat pembayaran itu, pergi ke Tingkat 2 (Kaunter Pesuruhjaya Sumpah) untuk membuat perisytiharan. Kemudian anda selesai.

4. Pergi ke Wisma Putra (Kementerian Luar Negeri)

Sijil Kelakuan Baik boleh dimohon di Wisma Putra Putrajaya. (Alamat: Kementerian Luar Negeri Malaysia Wisma Putra, No 1, Jalan Wisma Putra, Precint 2, 62602 PUTRAJAYA). Presint 2 terletak bertentangan dengan Presint 18. Saya tidak pasti apa yang saya boleh memberitahu anda untuk membantu anda mengenali bahawa anda di tempat yang betul, tetapi apabila saya pergi ke sana, saya dapat melihat kanopi putih yang besar pada belah kiri. Saya mengikuti arahan GPS pada telefon bimbit saya ke sana. Anda akan tahu bahawa anda menuju ke jalan yang benar jika anda seolah-olah akan naik bukit (Wisma Putra di atas sebuah bukit di suatu tempat di tempat itu).

5. Menghantar dokumen-dokumen anda & Mendapatkan Sijil


Selepas menyelesaikan segala-galanya, pergi ke kaunter di lobi. Penyambut tetamu akan menyemak sama ada anda mempunyai semua dokumen lengkap dan dia memberi anda nombor anda.


Tunggu dalam sehingga nombor anda bertukar. Apabila nombor anda naik, anda dikehendaki menyerahkan dokumen. Sekali lagi, anda akan perlu menunggu nombor anda dipanggil. Kali ini, ia adalah untuk pembayaran DAN koleksi. Pembayaran RM20.00. Saya tidak perlu menunggu lama (saya ingat ia akan mengambil masa satu jam, sama macam waktu saya mohon pasport saya)

Anonymous said...

wahhhh! cik billa reply comment sy dn sudi jawab! tq banyak banyk! sy mmg terharu sgt nh. buat pgthn cik billa, sy lpasan diploma, teringin nk smbung degree kt overseas mcm cik billa tp jumpa sponsor lg. btw, thanx a lot cik bella! u are such a lovely & nice person! may Allah blessed u. amin ;)

Amierah Nabillah said...

Hehe no problem! Saya betul2 harap saya boleh membantu :D InsyaAllah, saya doakan awak akan dapat sambung degree ke overseas. Semoga Allah permudahkan segala urusan ya. Aminnn2! :D May Allah bless you too! :D

Anonymous said...

nh yg sayang cik billa dn akan jd pembaca tetap blog cik billa. hehe. waiting for your new post ;)

Amierah Nabillah said...

Aww haha :') InsyaAllah, thank you! :)

handira said...

Hi just want to say i followed every step and alhamdullilah everything went well because of your post. Thank u for the post.

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Which country did u use this for?

Amierah Nabillah said...

Hi, I'm from Malaysia. I had to use this for Ireland :)

eli said...

Hi, firstly, I'd like to say thanks for your post! I stumbled upon your blog when I was searching on how to get a cert of good conduct from home.

Basically, I'm a 1st year student in uk and would like to get involved with volunteering. Unfortunately, I heard that checks are stricter this year, meaning we have to submit both a CRB form and a cert of good conduct. So I was wondering if you knew how the procedures are for students already in uk? I appreciate any advice you have.

Cheers!

Amierah Nabillah said...

Hi Eli!

I'm glad you find this post useful and it's wonderful to hear that you're interested in volunteering. However, I regret having to tell you that I don't have an answer to your question.

Before that, do you already have a cert of good conduct? I mean, I was required to have one in order to study in Ireland. If you do have one, couldn't you just use the one you have then? I apologize if I'm not making any sense!

So yea, I think it might be helpful if you could probably drop an e-mail or ring up someone from the office of the ministry of foreign affairs? I'm pretty sure they can help cause I sincerely don't know about any other procedures apart from what I wrote. I hope that you'd get the answer really soon!

Anonymous said...

thank you!!

BH said...

Hi Bella, thank you for your useful information. As I am currently not in Malaysia, I'd like to ask a friend of mine to submit the supporting documents in person (with a letter of authorization). You mentioned that a statutory declaration is needed. Just wondering whether this is a standard form or the Commisioner of Oath will draft himself? If it has to be drafted, then I'd to draft myself and ask my friend to go to a commissioner and put his stamp (as I am in a legal field as well). Appreciate if you can share the content of the declaration.

Naseef said...

Hi I just applied online the certificate of good conduct and i want this certificate to be issued within 1 month.. ??

Do you have any particular email o the concerned person in KL??

Thanks

Naseef said...

Hi I just applied online the certificate of good conduct and i want this certificate to be issued within 1 month.. ??

Do you have any particular email o the concerned person in KL??

Thanks

Anonymous said...

Hello. I am a foreigner and working here in Malaysia. May I know if my application is still under process. When I check my status/result online. It shows invalid document. Need your advice.t

Anonymous said...

Hi, it does really helpful to me.

But there are several things that confused me. After I filled up the form and uploaded my passport picture, I found out that there was nothing to navigate me to the page where I can print out the form.There are few buttons eg( back and submit) showed on the bottom of the page. Am I have to click "submit" then the page will pop out?

Second, I didn't get the page of Declaration either?

It would be nice if you can reply me soon.
Thank you.

Amierah Nabillah said...

Hi,

Frankly, I don't remember how I was able to print the page, but it's possible that you would have to click submit.

Oh, for the declaration, I'm not so sure if you need any forms for it. If my memory serves me right, the commissioner of oath simply stamps your documents. But again. I can't really remember. I'm sorry :/