Saturday, February 05, 2011

Hurray For Holiday!

Hey people! Ouh, it sure feels good to get back to this blog. One thing for sure, I know that it has been quite some time since I blogged in here :) There's this sense of laziness lingering within me whenever I decide to update my blog. So all I did was just blog in my head. Kudos for my laziness :P

Ouh yes, since the past one week, I have been having my holidays. It's my semester break and Chinese New Year break compiled in one. It's just a typical one but I must say, it's somehow, very meaningful to me. I don't actually remember what activities I started off with, so I'm just going to blog about them randomly :) 

Before I went back for my holidays, I made a to-do-list in my handphone so I'd be able to keep in track the necessary things that should be doing.

1# Mummy's Fluffy Pancakes

What? Pancakes? Is that as a whole, the first thanggg in your to-do-list, missy? Ahaha :P Well, nope :) I just love pancakes and ever since I learnt the recipe from my mummy, I actually became obsessed with making them. This is the recipe and I just felt like making it fancier :D Haha

Specifically, my mum uses the Buttercup butter and the Blue-Key self-raising flour. You don't need pancake flour for this :) I love having my pancakes with maple syrup. They just taste awesome! ♥


I just caught Amanda having her pouted lips all over the maple syrup bottle nozzle. Hahaha one cute gross act, I tell you :P

2# Sirloin Steak and Hot Salad

Yummy! It's sort of a tradition here in my little family to have a steak feast every time we get the chance to gather :) I have this intense passion (?) towards steak and I often can't resist the thought of it :P Hot salad's an idea from my mum where instead of having all the veges in the plate raw, she heats the capsicum with direct flame. Yes, the outside part gets burnt but the flesh is indeed juicy and tasty. The capsicum is then mixed with broccoli, tomatoes and a few other types of boiled veges. She then pours over them some sauteed onions, which adds to the aroma and flavour :)

3# Molten Lava Cake

Hee :D This is the funny bit :P The other day, my mum decided to make this "Molten Lava Cake". It's described as a chocolate cake; firm outside, gooey in the inside. Here's a picture of it. Courtesy of Yahoo! :D



We were all excited to prepare the batter and guess what, the batter tasted gooooooooood :D My sisters and I could actually just eat the batter just like that. Heating is not required :D We kept on hoping that we'd get the texture we wanted but unfortunately, our "lava" was at the BOTTOM of the volcano. Bhaha :P Despite that, still, it tasted great alright! :P

4# The Green Hornet

Yeaaauppp. It's the movie :D I did express how satisfied I was with the movie in Facebook and by the responses, I'm pretty sure many who already watched it enjoyed it very much too :D Before the movie, my sister asked me, "What's a hornet?" I made a wise face and replied, "It's horny." Now that sounds very stupid :P


Can Jay Chou be any more cuter? :DDD


That's my sister Alin on your left handside :D

And that's my girl Nell on your right handside :D


These are my babies, Nazzie and Nell :D


Ouh the picture's all blurry :O


Spot the difference :)


Same old, same old ♥

I have a few more pictures I'd love to upload but I got some things to do. Overall, I just love my holiday because I got to spend quality time with my family :DDD Yeay! ♥