Saturday, June 05, 2010

I am a Responsible Girl

i found this wonderful piece of writing in my mummy's autobiography book which was taken from reader's digest year '85. it's entitled "I Am A Responsible Girl". seriously, it really captivated my heart.

take a look why... :)

My kisses are worth more than a hamburger, a car ride, a party or a movie,
My body is the temple of God -not a play thing,
The first "No" may be difficult -after that it's easy,
Virginity is still a virtue, lust is still a capital sin.
The way I dress, act and speak may be a temptation to my boyfriend,
I will observe modesty of his and my own protection,
My parents have done so much for me,
I wish always to be a credit to them,
My boyfriend will be a husband and a father some day,
He must be a hero in the eyes of his wife and children,
I will do nothing to prevent that on my dates with him,
I want to be a wife and mother,
I will reserve my purity and affection for my husband and children.
If through my weakness, I should get pregnant,
I will not find the easy way out, by killing my unborn child.

the wordings from these sentences portrays how a responsible woman acts towards her actions. looking at the last two sentences from the above scares me very much. i personally hope that i would never ever possess that weakness, having in mind the consequences that Allah has set for adulterers and also the shame that will be brought to one's family.

girls, come on and make ourselves valuable~! ♥